ABOUT THE INNOVATION AWARD
As a small country, Lithuania will need to retain its strong position as an economy driven by and supporting innovation. To highlight and promote the potential for innovative cooperation between Lithuania and the United States, the American-Lithuanian Business Council (ALBC), and the Baltic American Freedom Foundation (BAFF), and the U.S. Embassy in Vilnius have established the Lithuanian-American Innovation Award. The award will be granted to a Lithuanian individual, organization, university, or firm that has developed a cutting-edge technology or solution in collaboration with a U.S. partner.
With this award we seek to recognize and award innovation broadly across business and commerce, academic and scientific research, medicine and health, the environment, energy, and education. We invite a large pool of candidates to apply and make the case for why their innovation deserves recognition. The core requirements are an impact or clear potential impact of the innovation, and the clear demonstration of collaboration with a U.S. individual or entity.
To be eligible, applicants must be Lithuanian residents, firms, or organizations registered in Lithuania. Submitted projects must demonstrate a clear Lithuanian-American link according to a combination of at least two of the following factors:
- The development and implementation of the innovation has taken place in Lithuania.
- The project is the result of work conducted in the framework of US-Lithuania academic, commercial, professional, or artistic partnership or clear collaborative effort.
- The Lithuanian initiator and responsible person/entity has strong ties with the United States.
- The project has been funded or sponsored by a U.S. source.
- The end-user or beneficiary is an American organization.
Innovations will be evaluated on their: